Monday, May 26, 2014

From curly to straight

Recently, I perfected my curly girl routine to achieve the best curls ever. Well, I got so excited that I used up most of my stash to create the curls. Thus, I decided to straighten my hair until I could get my new favorite curl definer.

I decided to flat iron using the following products:

  1. Redkin real control shampoo and conditioner (sample sizes)
  2. Darcy's Botanical Pumpkin Seed conditioner
  3. Redkin smooth lock heat glide
I got the sample products when I purchased the smooth lock heat glide.  The shampoo was ok, but I really liked the conditioner. Both the shampoo and conditioner contained shea butter. After applying the pumpkin seed conditioner, I sat under my huetiful steamer for 20 minutes. My hair was incredibly soft when I detangled my hair.

The Redkin smooth lock looks similar to the John Frieda Frizz ease but it is simply the best darn heat protector and smoother I have ever purchased.  I applied the smooth lock after I towel dried my hair based upon the directions. I was afraid to towel dry my hair because I imagined that it would make my hair difficult to blow dry.  I was wrong.  In an effort to avoid the same problems that I had in the past, I used a comb attachment on my blow dryer rather than using a round brush. I never really learned how to use a round brush anyway.  When blow drying my hair, I started from the back first. I normally start from the front.

Once the first section was dry, I realized how amazing the smooth lock was in my hair. See below:



I blow dried my hair faster than I had ever done before. Thank goodness. With my length, it can be tiring to blow my hair. I could not believe the results. Nothing short of amazing. I think I owe it to the hair steamer, pumpkin seed conditioner, comb attachment and smooth lock.

See the final results below:



Overnight I put my hair in a doobie.  When I took it down, it looked like I had relaxed my hair. Shocking.  A first for me. I never thought I could get these results, especially when I did my own hair.

Have you tried the huetiful steamer or Redkin smooth lock?  What were your results?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...